Insurance for Concreters: Top 4 Insurance Policies for Your Business

Insurance for Concreters: Top 4 Insurance Policies for Your Business

In your work as a concreter, you need to make sure you have the right level of insurance cover in place to protect you and your business. After all, the last thing you need is to leave yourself unprotected and find yourself financially responsible when things go wrong. Let’s look at the main forms of cover that you should consider.

1. Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance is essential cover for concreters and it protects you financially if you’re found liable following damage to property or injury to a person which has happened as a result of your actions at work. Due to the hands on nature of your work, it’s easy for accidents to happen and you could find yourself financially responsible for a claim amounting to several thousands of dollars. Remember, you could be up for medical bills, rehabilitation costs, repairs and replacements if you’re found liable for damage. Further, many employers will want proof of liability cover before they take you on and you won’t be able to enter some worksites without it.

2. Life Insurance

Although Life Insurance is something you may not have given much thought to, it’s important to think about what will happen to your family financially after you’re gone. Having Life Insurance in place means that your family will receive a lump sum payment in the event of your death which ensures they’ll be taken care of financially. The money can be used as your family see fit and is often put towards things such as debt, ongoing expenses and education costs.

3. General Property Cover

General Property Cover will protect your transportable items if they’re lost, damages or stolen. As a concreter, you’re often required to carry your tools and equipment with you between jobs or to and from the worksite which is why you need to make sure you’re adequately covered. From a vehicle break in which results in items being stolen to a car accident which damages your equipment, repairs and replacements can be costly which is why you must have General Property Cover in place.

4. Personal Accident and Illness Insurance

If you’re unable to work due to injury or sickness, Personal Accident Cover means you’ll continue to receive a portion of your income until you’re able to return to work or until your policy expires. If you’re self-employed as a concreter, being unable to work can mean that you have no other source of income which can lead to financial stress during a time when you need to recover. Personal Accident and Illness Insurance allows you to keep up with expenses such as rent or mortgage as well as allowing you to maintain your lifestyle.

To discuss insurance for your concreting business, contact Contractor Cover today on 1300 438 268 and speak with one of our experienced brokers.