Insurance for Event Managers: What Cover do You Need? - Contractors Insurance Australia

August 8, 2016

As a busy event manager, you’re constantly on the go organising events for clients and making sure things run smoothly. However, things can go wrong no matter how attentive you are and in these instances it’s vital you have the correct insurance package in place. Today, we’ll be taking a look at the insurance cover that you need to consider as an event manager.

Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance will protect you financially if you’re found liable for damage to property or injury to a person which has occurred while you’re at work. If you work from an office, you need to have cover in place to protect yourself if a third party makes a claim. A claim for damages could result from something as simple as a client tripping over in your office or their property being accidentally damaged.
Depending on the situation, you may also need insurance cover for your event. Always speak to your insurance broker to discuss whether Public Liability Insurance is required for your event.

Personal Accident and Illness Cover

You may not have given much thought as to how you’d cope financially if you couldn’t work. After all, you’re too busy organising events! With Personal Accident and Illness Cover, if you can’t work following injury or sickness, you’ll continue to receive a portion of your income until you can return to work. This means you can keep up with your financial obligations while you recover.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance protects professionals against claims for damages due to an act, omission or breach of professional duty which has occurred in the course of your business. In your work as an event manager, your clients rely on you to deliver quality events and fulfil your obligations. If you make an error, fail to abide by your contract or are negligent, you could find yourself at the receiving end of a claim, which is why Professional Indemnity Insurance is essential.

General Property Cover

Event managers are required to travel between various locations to plan events and meet with clients. In this instance, you more likely to carry your equipment with you, such as smart phones or laptops. General Property Cover protects your transportable items if they’re lost, damaged or stolen which means you don’t need to use your own money to replace expensive items.

Tax Audit Cover

As an event manager, like any other professional you’re open to being audited by the Australian Tax Office. Tax Audit Cover takes the stress out by covering the cost of hiring a professional, such as a lawyer or accountant, to complete the audit on your behalf.

Life Insurance

When you have Life Insurance in place, it means that your family will be provided with a lump sum payment in the event of your death. They can use this money as they see fit and the funds are often used for things such as paying off the mortgage and other debt, education expenses, general living costs and ongoing expenses such as utilities. This cover gives you peace of mind that your family will be taken care of once you’re gone.

To discuss an insurance package for your work as an event manager, contact Contractor Cover today on 1300 438 268 or fill in our online form.

General Advice Warning – retail clients *

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, please consider its appropriateness. You should also consider our disclosure documents, which include our Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
*Retail clients are individuals or those purchasing an insurance product for use in connection with a small business where the product is a designated retail product (eg motor vehicle, home buildings, home contents, personal and domestic property, sickness and accidental and travel insurance). All other clients are wholesale clients.

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you have a complaint and it is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at:

Mailing address
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Ph – 1800 931 678
Email –
Website –

Website By Cohesion Co.

Contractor Cover is a registered trading name of
Elliott Australia Group Pty Ltd
AFSL 418512
ABN: 81 153 685 922
© Contractor Cover – Insurance for Contractors in Australia