Insurance for
Trades & Professions


Business Insurance for Contractors

Contractor Cover is the one-stop insurance shop for contractors across Australia. We understand that contractors require targeted business insurance which offers both value for money and optimal cover. With that in mind, we've packaged the most common insurances the average contractor needs into a single policy. This means that you don’t need to waste your time contending with multiple policies – everything you need is included in one convenient package.

Speak with our team today for more information or fill in our easy online quote form.

Trades & Services

Contractor Cover boasts a wide selection to insure that tradesman will have the right safety nets in place.


Receive advice from our talented team in order to find out the best cover for you and your business.

Retail & Hospitality

Feel free to deliver the best service possible knowing you have access to benefits we can provide you.

Other Occupations

Feel free to browse our other occupations as there are many options for cover that sets us apart from the rest.

Insurance for Australian contractors

Contractor Cover are committed to providing targeted insurance cover to Australian contractors so you’re protected when things go wrong. As a contractor, it’s essential that you have the right level of business insurance in place and we understand that you want this process to be as simple as possible. We have experience dealing with a huge range of contractors and offer insurance cover to businesses of all different shapes and sizes.
Professional indemnity insurance protects you against the costs associated with a third party claim following negligence or a breach of professional duty. It also covers additional costs associated with an indemnity claim, such as legal and public relations costs.
Public liability insurance provides financial protection if you cause damage to property or injury to a person as a result of your actions at work. Liability insurance also covers your legal bills if you need to hire a lawyer during the claims process.
General property insurance covers you if your transportable items, such as tools and other equipment, are lost, damaged or stolen. These costs can include repairs and replacements.
Business Insurance
We provide cover for a huge range of contractors across Australia so you can focus on running your business.
Personal accident and illness cover means that you’ll continue to receive a portion of your income if you’re unable to work due an injury or illness.
Tax audit cover means that if you’re subject to a tax audit by the Australian Tax Office, you’re covered for the cost of hiring a professional to complete the audit on your behalf.

Great Review by our Clients

We're backed by the largest insurers in the world and we've arranged a special deal for Australian contractors to give the best prices around while also offering a high level of cover. Here at Contractor Cover, we’ve identified the main policies which are relevant to contractors and included these in your insurance package. If you require additional cover, simply speak to our team and we will work to meet your needs. Our insurance cover is easy to understand, affordable and provides comprehensive protection.

Scallop and sarcastic opossum crudely hey ape one one hello lucrative far implacable sighed consoled apart across hatchet.

John Hopkins

Quickly deploy strategic networks with compelling e-business. Credibly pontificate highly efficient manufactured products.

Bradley Smith

Dynamically target high-payoff intellectual capital for customized technologies. Objectively integrate emerging core.

Priscilla Jackson

Compellingly embrace empowered e-business after user friendly intellectual capital. Interactively actualize front-end processes.

Collin Chapman

Efficiently enable enabled sources and cost effective products. Completely synthesize principle-centered information hatchet.

Lila Beckmann

Get Covered

Business insurance is intended to protect you financially against the unexpected. While individuals working for an employer may not need to worry about organising insurance cover, a contractor is generally self-employed which means you have the additional responsibility of arranging your own insurance. Without insurance in place, you leave yourself open to a number of financial risks which could come from events such as a third party claim. The impact of a claim could be financially devastating for your business and it’s easy to see why you need to protect yourself with targeted insurance.

Done on Time

Quickly cultivate optimal processes and tactical architectures. Completely iterate covalent strategic theme

Precise Calculation

Precisely disseminate superior deliverables whereas web-enabled application architectures.

IRS Approved

Continually reintermediate integrated processes through technically sound intellectual capital.

Tax Cut

Dramatically disseminate standardized metrics after resource leveling processes change.

Avantage Announcements

Read our latest blog posts and get into the tax details immediately.
What insurance do I need as a Professional Writer?
What insurance do I need as a Professional Writer?
Whether you are a Technical Writer, Copywriter or a Journalist, it is essential to consider obtaining insurance to protect yourself and your assets. At Contractor Cover, we recommend all Professional Writers to look at the following insurance: Professional Indemnity Insurance Public Liability Insurance Personal Accident and Illness Insurance General Property Cover Tax Audit Cover Although...
Insurance for Teachers and Training Consultants
Insurance for Teachers and Training Consultants
Between creating lessons, tests, teaching students and marking their work, teachers also inspire and help their students to grow. As a teacher, you are familiar with how fast-paced your work environment can be, so it is essential to consider obtaining the right insurance for your peace of mind. At Contractor Cover, we can help you...
Insurance for Plumbers
Insurance for Plumbers
If you are a plumber you most likely know that accidents happen at the most unexpected times. Therefore it is essential to prepare yourself in advance and obtain a comprehensive insurance package that will secure your business and protect your assets. Types of Insurance you need to consider as a Plumber Personal Accident and Illness...
Public Liability Insurance for Commercial Cleaners
Public Liability Insurance for Commercial Cleaners
Whilst working as a cleaner you may face a variety of risks involving an injury to a third-party or damage to third-party property. If you use liquids to perform your professional service, slip and fall claims may become an overwhelming issue for your cleaning business. There are also cases where cleaning equipment and cleaning solvents...

Insurance for All Contractors

For some contractors, you have an industry requirement to have a certain level of insurance cover in place and it’s essential that you comply with these obligations. Not only does insurance protect your business financially, it also adds to your professionalism and gives confidence to potential clients. In many cases, clients will want assurances that you have insurance cover in place, particularly policies such as professional indemnity and public liability, prior to taking you on. Don’t take the risk – make sure you have a comprehensive insurance package in place through Contractor Cover to protect your interests.

Contact Our Team Today

To get started with your business insurance, get an instant online quote for your occupation. If you can’t see your occupation or if you require specialist cover, contact our team today on 1300 GETCOVER (1300 438 268) and we can help.
Office Hours
Mon - Fri
8:30am - 7:00pm WST

9:00am - 5:00pm WST
Email us
Call us
Fax Us
(08) 6389 4242

General Advice Warning – retail clients *

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, please consider its appropriateness. You should also consider our disclosure documents, which include our Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
*Retail clients are individuals or those purchasing an insurance product for use in connection with a small business where the product is a designated retail product (eg motor vehicle, home buildings, home contents, personal and domestic property, sickness and accidental and travel insurance). All other clients are wholesale clients.

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you have a complaint and it is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at:

Mailing address
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Ph – 1800 931 678
Email –
Website –

Website By Cohesion Co.

Contractor Cover is a registered trading name of
Elliott Australia Group Pty Ltd
AFSL 418512
ABN: 81 153 685 922
© Contractor Cover – Insurance for Contractors in Australia