Real Estate Agents and Landlord Insurance - Contractors Insurance Australia

April 22, 2020

Whether you are a real estate agent or a landlord, you need to consider specific covers to protect yourself from potential financial loss. Contractor Cover offers excellent cover packages at a
competitive price. We provide insurance for real estate agents and landlords within Australia. To ensure you and your business are protected, consider the following covers:

1. Professional indemnity insurance

If you are a real estate agent and regularly provide professional advice and services, professional indemnity insurance will cover the legal costs and damages when you face a negligence claim.

2. Public liability insurance

When you run a business, and someone is injured through an incident or damage is caused to equipment or property, you may be liable. As a real estate agent, you have clients visiting your office, and as a landlord, you may have third parties visiting your property. It is essential to think ahead and consider possible incidents, and public liability insurance is the right choice to ensure you are not facing a financial loss.

3. Tax audit cover

If you run a business in Australia, you may face a tax audit with the Australian Taxation Office at any given time. To avoid covering the costs of hiring an accountant and any other professional advice you may need during an audit, you can obtain a tax audit cover. Tax audit insurance covers costs you face during a tax audit, and in some cases, it may also cover travel and accommodation, if you need to attend a meeting with ATO outside of your city.

4. General property cover

As a real estate agent or a landlord, you need to use different electronic devices for work, such as laptops. It can become quite expensive to replace them in case they get lost or stolen. General property cover provides you with peace of mind, knowing that any portable items that you use on a daily basis for work that are lost or stolen will be replaced.

5. Personal accident and illness cover

We all may face unexpected circumstances at the most inconvenient time. If you have a personal accident and illness cover, you will still be paid some of your regular income if you can’t work due to injury or illness.

At Contractor Cover, we ensure to provide you with the best insurance solutions based on your individual needs. All our covers have a great price, and if you choose to get multiple
insurances, you can get it organised in a single purchase.

You can get an instant online quote in minutes, or if you need a more comprehensive cover, you can call Contractor cover on 1300 GETCOVER (1300 492 862).

Nastasiya dromgool

General Advice Warning – retail clients *

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, please consider its appropriateness. You should also consider our disclosure documents, which include our Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
*Retail clients are individuals or those purchasing an insurance product for use in connection with a small business where the product is a designated retail product (eg motor vehicle, home buildings, home contents, personal and domestic property, sickness and accidental and travel insurance). All other clients are wholesale clients.

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you have a complaint and it is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at:

Mailing address
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Ph – 1800 931 678
Email –
Website –

Website By Cohesion Co.

Contractor Cover is a registered trading name of
Elliott Australia Group Pty Ltd
AFSL 418512
ABN: 81 153 685 922
© Contractor Cover – Insurance for Contractors in Australia