The best Insurance Policies for Occupational Therapists - Contractors Insurance Australia

May 20, 2020

Occupational therapy is a profession that focuses on guiding people back to health. This line of work involves the mind and body of the client. Occupational therapists usually help people in the community that may live with a disability or have had an accident or illness that has resulted in a change to their daily life. On-going therapy allows clients to perform their day to day tasks independently or with the assistance of specialty equipment. Working as an OT usually involves working in various locations such as aged care homes, public and private hospitals, long term care facilities or client’s homes. A career in occupational therapy is rewarding, however, you need to ensure that you have suitable occupational therapists insurance to protect yourself and others. At Contractor Cover, we offer thorough packages specifically for occupational therapists. We propose that professionals in this field should consider the following insurance policies:

General Property Cover is a necessity in this profession. Occupational therapists require specialty equipment that must be transported between working areas. In the event of loss, theft or damage your policy would cover you to replace or repair your items. As specialised equipment doesn’t come cheap, occupational therapists insurance is worth having.

Public Liability Insurance is important if you trade with the public. As your primary role as an OT is tending to the public, this should be an inclusion that you prioritise. Public liability insurance will cover you if a member of the public or third party is injured or if property is damaged due to a reason connected to your business. If a claim is made against your business, your legal fees and any required payouts are paid by your insurer. This means greater protection to your business and livelihood as you don’t need to worry about finding the cash in a hurry or putting your personal assets on the line.

Professional Indemnity Insurance is a safeguard that protects you from the risks associated with providing a personal service. This protects you in the event that a client claims that they have suffered a financial loss after following your advice or being under your care. This generally also covers claims against negligence or professional errors. Personal accident or illness insurance provides you with a percentage of your regular income if you are unable to work following an accident or illness. This allows you to recover while staying on top of your expenses.

Tax Audit Cover is Contractor Cover’s final recommendation. Tax time can quickly become stressful and costly when needing to hire an accountant to audit your paperwork. Tax audit insurance can cover these inflated costs so that you can focus your cash on other necessities within your business.

At Contractor Cover, we understand the importance of specialist industries and the right cover. Our insurance brokers can discuss your options to help you to secure the most suitable package.

To organise your occupational therapists cover call us today on 1300 GETCOVER (1300 438 268) or email us at

Nastasiya dromgool

General Advice Warning – retail clients *

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, please consider its appropriateness. You should also consider our disclosure documents, which include our Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
*Retail clients are individuals or those purchasing an insurance product for use in connection with a small business where the product is a designated retail product (eg motor vehicle, home buildings, home contents, personal and domestic property, sickness and accidental and travel insurance). All other clients are wholesale clients.

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you have a complaint and it is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at:

Mailing address
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Ph – 1800 931 678
Email –
Website –

Website By Cohesion Co.

Contractor Cover is a registered trading name of
Elliott Australia Group Pty Ltd
AFSL 418512
ABN: 81 153 685 922
© Contractor Cover – Insurance for Contractors in Australia