What You Need To Know About Plasterers Insurance - Contractors Insurance Australia

November 26, 2019

As a plasterer, you have a specialised skillset which is always in demand. From fixing holes in walls or ceilings to creating decorative textures for a unique look, your work can offer you a variety of different projects. No matter how busy you get, it’s important to remember that you need to have the protection of insurance as you go about your work. Let’s take a look at some of the most common forms of insurance that plasters should consider.

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance offers financial protection if you cause injury to a third party or damage to property as a result of your actions at work. It also covers legal bills if you need to hire a lawyer as part of the claims process. In your work as a plasterer, accidents can happen and all it would take is for you to accidentally damage client property when you’re onsite or for someone to injure themselves on your tools for you to find yourself liable for thousands, or even hundreds of thousands, of dollars. Public liability insurance offers ongoing peace of mind and there is often an expectation that plasterers will have this kind of cover in place.

General property insurance

General property insurance means that your transportable items are covered if they’re lost, damaged or stolen. For plasterers who carry their tools with them every day, it’s easy to see why you need to have cover in place. Even if your tools aren’t worth a significant amount of money separately, it adds up when you need to pay for multiple repairs or replacements. General property cover means that you don’t have to use your own money if something happens to your gear.

Personal accident and illness insurance

Having personal accident and illness insurance in place means that you’ll continue to receive a portion of your income, generally between 75% and 85%, if you’re unable to work following an accident or illness. These payments will last for the duration of your benefit period or until you can return to work. For plasterers who are not only often self-employed but also have a physical job, personal accident insurance offers important protection and means that you’re able to keep up with ongoing expenses if you find yourself unable to work. When something as simple as a back injury can mean that you’re off work for a significant amount of time, it’s easy to see why personal accident and illness insurance is important.

Here at Contactor Cover, we’ve included all of the main insurance policies that apply for contractors into one convenient package. This offers you the ultimate in convenience and no messing about with multiple policies. We’re backed by one of the world’s largest insurers which means we offer some of the best prices around. We strive to make insurance as easy as possible for contactors across Australia.

To find out more about insurance for plasterers, contact Contractor Cover today on 1300 438 268.

Nastasiya dromgool

General Advice Warning – retail clients *

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, please consider its appropriateness. You should also consider our disclosure documents, which include our Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
*Retail clients are individuals or those purchasing an insurance product for use in connection with a small business where the product is a designated retail product (eg motor vehicle, home buildings, home contents, personal and domestic property, sickness and accidental and travel insurance). All other clients are wholesale clients.

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you have a complaint and it is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at:

Mailing address
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Ph – 1800 931 678
Email – info@afca.org.au
Website – www.afca.org.au

Website By Cohesion Co.

Contractor Cover is a registered trading name of
Elliott Australia Group Pty Ltd
AFSL 418512
ABN: 81 153 685 922
© Contractor Cover – Insurance for Contractors in Australia