How Can Brokers Help You Get Good Tax Audit Insurance - Contractors Insurance Australia

September 1, 2015

Every year the Australian Taxation Office audits a range of small businesses to ensure obligations under the taxation and superannuation regulations are being met. At best, being the subject of a tax audit may be an inconvenience, but the reality is a full audit can be expensive, especially if you need to employ an accountant or lawyer to complete the audit on your behalf. Using a Tax Audit Insurance Broker to have the right cover in place can help to offset the expense of hiring a professional, leaving you free to focus on running your business.

What can a Tax Audit Insurance Broker do for my business?

Dealing with a tax audit can be a mine field. Not only can it be time consuming and expensive, the potential impact of an audit on your business could be significant. This is why you need to plan ahead and access the best advice available, before you receive a letter or phone call from the Australian Taxation Office auditors.

Advice from an experienced Tax Audit Insurance Broker can be invaluable, a properly qualified and knowledgeable broker can:

  • Provide expert advice about the tax audit process and compliance;
  • Help you to navigate through the maze of information and options; and
  • Assist you to select the level of Tax Audit Insurance Cover that is most appropriate for you and your business.

Is this something I really need to worry about?

In June 2014, the Australian Taxation Office announced a dramatic increase in field audits on small to medium-sized businesses, individuals and self-managed superannuation funds, with almost 80,000 audits to be conducted the 2014/15 financial year.
A request to audit your business can happen at any time and could include the following audits or investigations:

  • Income Tax Audit
  • Fringe Benefits Tax Audit
  • Capital Gains Tax Audits
  • WorkCover Authority – Audit of WorkCover returns
  • Payroll Tax Audits

If your business is subject to any sort of tax investigation, having access to the best advice and a team of experts can to assist you to work through the compliance process in the most efficient way. The last thing you need is to have you, or your senior managers, ‘off line’ dealing with an audit for weeks or months.

Where can I find a Tax Audit Insurance Broker?

Contractor Cover have Tax Audit Insurance Broker’s with extensive experience in providing advice on Tax Audit Insurance to many small, medium, and large Australian businesses across multiple industries.

Why not visit Contract Cover and try the easy online quoting system? It’s one of the fastest ways to get a quote and arrange your Tax Audit Insurance. Alternatively, give their office a call on 1300 GETCOVER (1300 438 268) to speak one of the Contractor Cover real-life team.

General Advice Warning – retail clients *

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, please consider its appropriateness. You should also consider our disclosure documents, which include our Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
*Retail clients are individuals or those purchasing an insurance product for use in connection with a small business where the product is a designated retail product (eg motor vehicle, home buildings, home contents, personal and domestic property, sickness and accidental and travel insurance). All other clients are wholesale clients.

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you have a complaint and it is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at:

Mailing address
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Ph – 1800 931 678
Email –
Website –

Website By Cohesion Co.

Contractor Cover is a registered trading name of
Elliott Australia Group Pty Ltd
AFSL 418512
ABN: 81 153 685 922
© Contractor Cover – Insurance for Contractors in Australia