Contractors Risk Insurance: Which Policies Do You Need? - Contractors Insurance Australia

June 12, 2019

As a contractor, you have a lot of freedom – you have more choice in the jobs you take and are in charge of your own finances. However, it also means that you need to arrange your own insurance so your areas of risk are covered on the job. When it comes to contractors all risk insurance, there are a number of policies you need to consider to ensure you’re protected. Let’s take a look!

General property

If you carry valuables around, such as laptops or other tools of the trade, they can be expensive to replace if lost, stolen or damaged. General property insurance will cover the items you carry around with you on a day to day basis.

Personal accident and illness

If you were suddenly unable to work due to injury or illness, personal accident and illness insurance means that you’ll continue to receive a percentage of your normal income. This allows you to keep up with your living expenses so you’re able to recover before returning to work without having to resort to using your savings.

Professional indemnity

Professional indemnity insurance protects you financially if a third party suffers a loss and makes a claim against you for damages due to an act, omission, negligence, or breach of professional duty.

Public liability

Public liability insurance is essential cover for many contractors and provides financial protection if you cause damage to property or injury to a person as a result of your actions at work. It will not only cover the cost of a successful claim but also legal bills involved in the claims process.

Tax audit

If you’re subject to a tax audit, it can be a very time consuming process and it needs to be done correctly. Not only that, it can also be costly when you need to hire an accountant or other professional to carry out the process on your behalf. Tax audit insurance means that you’ll be reimbursed for the money paid to professionals involved in the audit.

Life insurance

Although life insurance isn’t something we like to talk about, it’s very important to consider what might happen to your loved in the event of your death. Life insurance means that your family will receive a lump sum payment which they can then spend as they see fit.

Contractor Cover specialise in providing contractors insurance coverage in one convenient package. We understand the unique risks that contractors face in your day to day work and we’ve combined the most common forms of cover you need into a single policy. This means you don’t have to run around organising numerous policies – it’s all combined! Speak to our team today for more information.

For contractors all risk insurance Australia, contact Contractor Cover today on 1399 438 268 or fill in our easy online form.

General Advice Warning – retail clients *

General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, please consider its appropriateness. You should also consider our disclosure documents, which include our Financial Services Guide (FSG) and Product Disclosure Statements (PDS) for some products.
*Retail clients are individuals or those purchasing an insurance product for use in connection with a small business where the product is a designated retail product (eg motor vehicle, home buildings, home contents, personal and domestic property, sickness and accidental and travel insurance). All other clients are wholesale clients.

We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you have a complaint and it is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, you have the right to refer the matter to the AFCA. The AFCA can be contacted at:

Mailing address
Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Ph – 1800 931 678
Email –
Website –

Website By Cohesion Co.

Contractor Cover is a registered trading name of
Elliott Australia Group Pty Ltd
AFSL 418512
ABN: 81 153 685 922
© Contractor Cover – Insurance for Contractors in Australia