Between creating lessons, tests, teaching students and marking their work, teachers also inspire and help their students to grow. As a teacher, you are familiar with how fast-paced your work environment can be, so it is essential to consider obtaining the right insurance for your peace of mind.
At Contractor Cover, we can help you find the right cover to protect you, so you can focus on what you love and do best – teaching.
What insurance do I need?
As a teacher or a training consultant, you may need to consider the following insurance:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance covers your legal liability if you breach your professional duty.
- Public Liability Insurance covers you if you have lessons with your students at your home or any other private space in case of third-party injury or damage to third party’s property.
- Personal Accident and Illness Insurance covers you when you are unable to continue work due to illness or injury.
- General Property Insurance protects the equipment you use for teaching in an instance where it gets damaged or lost.
- Tax Audit Insurance helps you to stay prepared if you find yourself facing an audit with the Australian Taxation Office.
If you have any questions about the insurance above you can contact our expert brokers now and they can help you find the right cover for you.
Professional Indemnity Insurance for Teachers and Training Consultants
If you provide an education and training service you may find yourself liable for errors and omissions that you could potentially make whilst working. The nature of your work as a teacher or a training consultant involves providing advice and services as a part of your job.
Therefore, Professional Indemnity Insurance is one of the most vital covers you need to consider. Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed to protect you if you face a claim from a breach of professional duty to a third-party. You can also extend Professional Indemnity cover to your liability over actions of your employees, subcontractors and partners depending on the case.
Legal claims associated with negligence in a workplace can become extremely costly, as well as causing damage to your professional reputation. By protecting yourself with Professional Indemnity Insurance you safeguard your assets in case of a claim.
Professional Indemnity Insurance premiums are determined by the size and risk factors of your business. At Contractor Cover we help you design the right policy according to your needs.
Our professionals at Contractor Cover have extensive experience and knowledge to ensure we find the right cover for your circumstances. Our quoting system is easy to use and can start you on your Insurance within minutes. You can also speak to us on 1300 GETCOVER (1300 492 862) if you need assistance to choose the right cover package or have any further questions.